Published on 29 December 2014
（十七）台北天氣最近寒冷多雨溫差大，而此次法會仍與往年一樣採《 坐在蒲團座墊上》，惟腿部不適, 無法
The announcement for the 7th Usnisha Viajaya Puja, for your cooperation.
1. No Buddhist books, sutras, publications etc. are allowed to be displayed or distributed in the venue, except
those done by the organizer.
2. We don’t accept media interview or shoot for this event as we have arranged the professional photographers.
The participants should not stand up or move around to take photos in the course of the puja.
Photo-shooting is allowed during break but don’t use flash, especially not use for Rinpoche or lamas.
3. If you need to order vegetarian lunch box, sign up at the front desk by 9am of the day and get lunch box with
the meal ticket at noon.
Small donation for offering vegetarian food is welcome. If you want to donate, put the money into the “Merit
4. Dress code:
(1) Gentlemen: Suit with a tie or Mao suit.
(2) Ladies: Office suit or long skirt.
5. Cell phone should be switched off or put into “silent” mode in order not to disturb the proceeding of the
puja and visualization.
6. Thousand-offering substances:
The thousand-offering substances---water, flowers, incenses, lamps, umbrellas and long-life buns---are very
special because they are blessed by the dharani which Rinpoche, lamas and hundreds of participants chant
whole day. The participants can take them home after the daily practice finishes. (The rice under the
long-life buns are only for birds or wild animals, not for humans.)
The saffron water is put in the tea buckets. Bring your own container to take it home.
7. Please follow the volunteers’ guidance while circumambulating the mandala.
8. If an initiation is given during the puja, don’t do recording.
9. The texts are available to borrow and purchase. Return the text to the front desk when you leave
if you borrow it.
10. The forms of wishing for longevity and prosperity are available for filling out at front desk.
Make a donation in any amount.
11. The forms of releasing souls from purgatory are available. Make a donation for it in any amount.
(The fund is used exclusively for its intended purpose.)
Please write the names legibly to help us set up the file and translate the names into English.
Rinpoche will practice several times for this. Writing in both Chinese and English is encouraged.
12. Pre-filled forms of wishing for longevity and prosperity and releasing souls from purgatory are encouraged.
Hand them to the front desk volunteers.
13. Seat by number:
(1) Door opens at 7:00am. One person can take only one ticket. Take your seat according to the number
on the ticket with the volunteers’ guidance.
(2) Take a seat ticket for that day. A ticket of other day is invalid.
(3) The venue is cleaned but not cleared during lunch break. The same seat ticket is valid for both morning
and afternoon sections. It is not necessary to line up for fternoon seat.
(4) Please return the seat ticket if you leave and don’t come back or are absent for more than one hour.
(5) If the organizer presumes the absence exceeds one hour, the seat ticket automatically becomes invalid
and the seat will be filled by others.
(6) In the course of the puja, Rinpoche will change his seat, which is unknown in advance. So please sit
(7) The seats are divided into several zones. For the details of Seat Zone Plan , please refer to the poster
at front desk or the reverse of the seat ticket.
14. In case of bad weather, the main hall is open for dining, while no meat is allowed inside it.
15. To keep the carpet clean and dry, please don’t drink in the main hall.
16. Please help us with waste sorting.
17. It is cold and rainy and the temperature varies greatly these days in Taipei. We prepare cushions for sitting.
If you can not sit low, please inform front desk volunteers. We have chairs. But as there are just few, those
who have leg problems are the first priority.
We suggest you bring something to cover your leg, especially for those who are wearing skirts, to avoid coldness
SI Taiwan reserves the rights of making interpretation and changes on the event.
We will supplement or make revision when necessary.